Saturday 16 December 2023

Beyond the Grave Festival – The Black Heart, London – 24.11.2023

The guys from Beyond the Grave were kind enough to offer me a press pass for the weekend festival, which occurred on Friday the 24th and Saturday the 25 of November in London, so first let me say thank you to them for that.

Last year the festival had happened in the New Cross Inn with bands like Analepsy, Avulsed, Wolfbastard, Unfathomable Ruination or Fulci, among others. This year, the festival came to North London and to two stages!!

The first day was only at the Black Heart and consisted of Deliberate Miscarriage, Rend Them Asunder and Iniquitous Savagery, which I missed due to some family obligations (sorry guys hope I can see you a next time) and a couple of more bands which I got there in time to see. First was Amputated from Bristol, which were ravaging the venue when I got there. And what a beautiful sight it was to see the Black Heart packed as hell. Not a lot of room to wiggle but enough to see some bodies flying to the Brutal/Slam Death Metal from these guys. They don’t complicate too much, they just deliver some crunchy breakdowns, heavy riffage and some possessed vocals. To finish the evening, time for Norway’s Kraanium (well I think only one of them now is from Norway as the rest come from Finland, Denmark and the UK) and their Slam Brutal Death Metal!! Not a surprise that the room was full as well to see them, and that all that sweat and energy got shared around the place, in the mosh pit and by the crowd surfers. With songs like ‘Diarrhoea Induced Gag Reflex’, ‘Cunt Pierced with Rusty Nails’ or ‘Midget Fucker’, you know what to expect from these guys: time for the axe to be wielded and chop some wood!! Not my thing but must say it was enjoyable. As the next day was going to be long, I took off just a bit after they ended their show, so I could eat something before going to bed!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment